The world trusts Cargotec and every fourth container or trailer transfer at terminals around the globe is handled by a Kalmar machine. So when you choose to work with us you benefit from the unique knowledge that comes from a truly solutions-driven, innovative provider of container and heavy duty materials handling equipment, automation applications and related services.
Our world-class service means we respond quickly and professionally to ensure you maximise machine productivity. Wherever you are in the UK or Ireland, our teams are geared to helping you become more efficient, more effective and more profitable.
For all your heavy material handing needs, Cargotec ensures Kalmar has the solution.
- Kalmar has over 60 engineers based in the UK and Ireland
- Kalmar are listed in the Guinness Book of Records for manufacturing the largest forklift in the world - 90,000Kg capacity
- Kalmar’s history goes back over 60 years when it was first formed as the famous lift truck marquee, Coventry Climax, Kalmar Industries purchased Coventry Climax in 1985.
- Every fourth container or trailer transfer at ports and terminals around the globe is handled by a Kalmar machine
- Cargotec enables Kalmar to provide computerised terminal/distribution simulations to enable various operational models to be visualised and tested
- Cargotec leads the way in port automation applications with unmanned container handling technology, on-board smart features and remote maintenance products
- No-one is more committed to providing world-class support through an extensive range of value added services including maintenance contracts and fleet management options
- Cargotec is committed to developing innovative solutions - such as automated handling using tools like Smartrail® autosteering or Smartpath®.
- Production plants in Sweden, Finland, the Netherlands, Malaysia, China and the USA meet customer needs the world over
- Kalmar Limited in the UK is ISO9001 approved